Failed to initialize the Profiler engine: Problem with a required JFluid installation directory or file /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/lib/visualvm/profiler3/lib/deployed/jdk16/linux-amd64/libprofilerinterface.so Original message: File does not exist.In sprite of this error, the visualvm still can run but profiler/sampler doesn't show up.
Someone have filed this bug here. To fix this problem, recompile the missing lib manually and move to the right place.
Here are the steps
- Download visualvm source here (visualvm_1.2.2.orig.tar.gz at the right pane)
- Extract it and cd to the build directory
tar -xzvf visualvm_1.2.2.orig.tar.gz
tar -xzvf netbeans-profiler-visualvm_release68.tar.gz
- You will see build script ( buildnative-linux64.sh ) then edit it.
- Replace gcc32 with gcc
- Change 2 BuildJDK lines to below. /usr/bin/jvm/default-java/ is my jdk path; yours may differ.
BuildForJDK "/usr/lib/jvm/default-java" "jdk16"
- Make directory for release
mkdir -p ../../release/lib/deployed/jdk16/linux-amd64/
- Run this build script. It will compile the source against jni headers in our jdk and output as libprofilerinterface.so
- Move libprofilerinterface.so to the right place in your jdk path
sudo cp ../../release/lib/deployed/jdk16/linux-amd64/libprofilerinterface.so /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/visualvm/profiler3/lib/deployed/jdk16/linux-amd64/
- Launch VisualVM again.